|Job Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Salary:||$83,137 - $94,830 (plus superannuation)|
ASIO, Central Office, Canberra
Telecommunications Investigations Officer
ASIO Officer Grade 5
Salary range AO5 $83,137 - $94,830 (plus superannuation)
Canberra Based Position
ASIO's main role is to gather information and produce intelligence that enables us to warn the Government about activities or situations that might endanger Australia?s national security. Our Technical Professionals play a critical role in supporting this mission.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join a small team responsible for the collection, processing and dissemination of telecommunications-related data. Telecommunications Investigations is a small team of dedicated individuals who play an essential role in the formative stages of many ASIO investigations. The team has extensive collaboration with vendors and the telecommunications and internet service provision industry.
- Manage lawful requests to telecommunications providers. This includes the governance, submission of requests and communication of results
- Liaison with internal business areas and external providers
- Perform defined basic data quality checks and resolve or escalate any issues
- Develop, process and disseminate basic information sets for internal use
- Assist in defining the processes within the area
- Manage own workload in a range of clerical and administrative support tasks
Applicants must have
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- High level interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a tight-knit team.
Seeking applicants with experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Data entry/processing
An interest or experience in telecommunications is highly desirable.
How to Apply: Please go to asio.gov.au to apply online.
Closing date: Sunday, 8 September, 2013
Eligibility: Applicants must be Australian citizens.
Working conditions: Employment is under the ASIO Act 1979. Conditions of service are similar to those applying in the Australian Public Service. Salary packaging arrangements are available.
Enquiries: If you have any other enquiries please telephone 02 62574916.
ASIO thanks all applicants for their interest and time spent completing their application.
All employment decisions and selection processes within ASIO are based on merit principles. The duties of the appointment require a national security clearance. Preferred applicants will be required to undergo psychological assessment and intrusive security and personal checking/assessment.
In accordance with ASIO policy, no feedback on any aspect of the selection process or security vetting assessment will be provided to unsuccessful applicants.
ALL APPLICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITH ASIO ARE HANDLED IN THE STRICTEST CONFIDENCE. IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOU DO NOT DISCUSS YOUR APPLICATION WITH OTHERS AS DOING SO MAY ADVERSELY AFFECT YOUR APPLICATION.
|Attached Position Files:||No File Attached|