Job Title: Cyber Security Specialists
Job Type: Ongoing, Full-time, Part-time
Location: Various - Australian Capital Cities
Agency Classification: ASIO Employee Level 5 (APS5) to ASIO Executive Employee Level 2 (EL2) Inclusive
Agency Act: ASIO Act 1979
We're looking for a range of talented and passionate techs – regardless of your area of expertise. You'll be surprised at the skills we're looking to employ. We currently have vacancies at our technical entry level AE5 (APS5) up to our senior technical levels AEE2 (EL2).
ASIO is chartered with the protection of Australia, its people and its interests. Technology is at the very heart of ASIO's efforts in preventing terrorists, state actors and malicious insiders causing great harm.
We're an intelligence agency. Our roles make a difference and contribute to something bigger than just a bottom line.
The ideal candidates
We value life and practical skills/experiences just as highly as formal qualifications. The successful candidates may have experience and/or qualifications in one or more of the following:
• Cyber and Information Security
• Vulnerability research
• Developing innovative solutions to gain access to digital devices
• Computer networking
• Software engineering
We need techs who are interested in:
• Technical collection
• Digital forensics
• Cyber network analysis (and support)
• Software reverse engineering
ASIO is seeking those with relevant skills to advance our technical and digital collection capabilities. Working in small teams, you'll provide specialised technical input to capability maintenance and advancement; you'll develop, deploy and administer collection systems and networks; and you'll contribute to collection operations (in alignment with legislation and prioritised intelligence requirements). The work is fast-paced and cutting-edge so we need those that are creative, passionate about technology and keen to continually learn (and apply this learning).
At the entry level, knowledge and skills in ComSci, cyber, IT-sec and computer networking would be useful. Curiosity and intentional flexibility will be your strong points.
At mid-tier levels, experience in penetration testing, software reverse engineering, vulnerability research, network analysis, systems engineering and digital forensics would be initially helpful as would an understanding of SOC environments and security investigation tools. Your critical-thinking skills and ability to join-the-dots will serve you well.
A capacity and willingness to contribute to the development of those around them would be appropriate for those at line-manager or specialist levels. Your capacity to innovate and your commitment to influencing your environment will ensure your success. An appreciation for discretion and sensitivity is a given in these roles.
ASIO provides a number of benefits to its staff including:
• Protect Australia with your passion for technology
• Access to a wide array of technology stacks and subject matter experts
• Flexible working hours/arrangements. We adopt an “if not, why not” approach
• Flexibility with work locations
• A competitive salary, including a 7.5 % allowance as well as employer superannuation contributions of 15.4 %
• Six staff-led diversity and inclusion networks
• Study assistance, including financial support and study leave for tertiary education
• Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To be eligible for these roles, you must:
• Be an Australia citizen
• Be assessed as suitable to hold and maintain a Positive Vetting security clearance
Further details can be found in the Candidate Information Pack.