For ASIO to protect Australia and Australians from threats to their security in today's complex and changing world, we need talented people who are highly capable, dedicated, adaptable and resilient.
ASIO is a diverse and inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected for being themselves. ASIO staff are carers, parents, grandparents and community volunteers and may come from various backgrounds, including music, teaching and nursing. We are proud Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and second or third generation Australians. We are introverted, extroverted and neurodiverse. We are tradespeople, technically-minded, corporate and intelligence professionals. We are your neighbours and part of your community. The only difference is, we don't tell you where we work or what we do.
Register interest in employment
The ASIO Employment Register is one way to register your interest in working for ASIO. Whether you are seeking a career change, a move from another government agency or looking for your next challenge, we have a wide range of opportunities in various areas and locations for you to consider. These include, but are not limited to:
- Corporate roles such as - Human Resources, Finance, Executive Assistants, Procurement, Learning and Development;
- Public Relations, Graphic and Interactive Designers Communications and Auditors;
- Trades - electricians, locksmiths, plumbers;
- Information Management;
- Information Communications and Technology;
- Data Scientists and Analysts;
- Psychologists - Clinical and Organisational;
- Language Analysts;
To be eligible for the role, you must be:
- An Australian citizen.
- Assessed as suitable to hold and maintain a Positive Vetting security clearance.
Employment is under the ASIO Act 1979. Conditions of service are similar to those applying in the Australian Public Service. We recognise entitlements accrued under the Public Service Act 1999 and provide for continuation of superannuation under the Commonwealth schemes. Salary packaging arrangements are also available.
ASIO provides a number of benefits to its staff including:
- A competitive salary, including a 7.5 per cent service allowance for maintaining your security clearance and working in a secure environment;
- Employer superannuation contributions of 15.4 per cent;
- 4 weeks annual leave per year and a variety of leave options to assist and maintain your work-life balance;
- An 'if not, why not?' approach to flexible working arrangements for all job roles;
- Study assistance, including financial support and study leave for tertiary education;
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP); and
- Seven staff-led diversity and inclusion networks.
Your application will be active for 12 months from the date of submission. We will only contact you if your application is progressing.
In accordance with ASIO policy, unsuccessful candidates will not be provided with feedback on any aspect of a selection process.
All applications are held in the strictest confidence by ASIO. We ask that you please employ the same level of confidentiality.
If you require further information please contact ASIO Recruitment on (02) 6257 4916.