The Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) protects Australia and Australians from threats to their security. In a complex, challenging and changing security environment, our success is built on the imagination and intelligence of our team. ASIO's people are ordinary Australians but they do extraordinary things - they are our most important asset. To be successful in our mission, we need talented people who are highly capable, dedicated, adaptable and resilient.
We seek to reflect the diversity of the community we protect. ASIO is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, where all staff are valued and respected. We welcome applications from all eligible candidates, irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religious affiliation, age or disability. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply. Our people are introverted, extroverted and neurodiverse. We are secretive about what we do, not what we value.
ASIO is seeking high performing Executive Assistants at various levels to establish a merit pool and fill vacant positions. This Employment Register will be open for 12 months.
As an AE5-AE6 Executive Assistant you will provide comprehensive administrative and executive support to SES officers and their group, division and/or branch. You will:
• Manage and coordinate calendars and work schedules and arrange travel.
• Prioritise tasks in accordance with expectations.
• Respond to incoming and outgoing communications.
• Prepare, collate and manage the timely distribution of meeting papers, meeting minutes, reports and briefs.
• Work collaboratively with the broader senior leadership team and other executive assistants.
• Excellent administration and organisational skills with attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to coordinate tasks effectively, multi-task and prioritise workloads in order of importance.
• An exceptional level of professionalism, initiative and the ability to self-direct.
ASIO provides a number of benefits to its staff including:
• A competitive salary, including a 7.5 per cent allowance for maintaining a Top Secret security clearance at the highest level.
• Employer superannuation contributions of 15.4 per cent.
• A variety of leave options, including four weeks annual leave.
• Flexible working hours/arrangements to assist you to maintain your work-life balance (please note: due to our unique working environment, work from home options may not be available).
• Seven staff-led diversity and inclusion networks.
• Study assistance, including financial support and study leave for tertiary education.
• Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
To be eligible for the role, you must:
• Be an Australian citizen.
• Be assessed as suitable to hold and maintain a Top Secret security clearance at the highest level.
ASIO is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, where all staff are valued and respected, in order to build a highly capable, innovative and adaptive workforce to achieve our purpose. We welcome and value applications from all eligible candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religious affiliation, age or disability. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Please advise us if you require any additional assistance in order to fully participate in the recruitment process or the workplace.
Canberra, Sydney or Melbourne.
How to apply
Click on ‘Apply online' to commence your application. Your application must include the following:
• A written pitch of up to 500 words detailing how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the requirements of the position.
• An up-to-date CV, no more than two pages in length.
All employment decisions and selection processes at ASIO are based on merit principles and candidates must be prepared to undergo various selection stages.
ASIO holds all employment applications in the strictest of confidence. It is essential that you do the same. Please do not discuss your application with others as doing so may adversely affect your potential employment.
With reference to ASIO's People Capability Framework and with consideration to the position description and classification level you are applying for, demonstrate what you bring to the position in relation to the criteria below:
• Strategic thinking.
• Achieving results
• Productive working relationships.
• Personal drive and integrity.
• Communicate with influence.
• Demonstrated skills and experience.
Please note: it is not necessary to address each sub heading of the selection criteria individually in your application.
Closing date and time
Your application will remain current on this employment register until Tuesday 6 February 2024 at 5:00pm AEDT.
Please note that during this period you are able to apply for any other advertised positions within ASIO. This employment register will not supersede the requirement to apply for other positions as they are advertised.
Employment is under the ASIO Act 1979. Conditions of service are similar to those applying in the Australian Public Service. We recognise entitlements accrued under the Public Service Act 1999 and provide for continuation of superannuation under the Commonwealth schemes. Salary packaging arrangements are also available.
If you require further information, please contact ASIO Recruitment at email@example.com or phone 02 6257 4916.
For more information about ASIO, please visit: asio.gov.au